Thursday, May 5, 2011

Capability


I’ve been thinking a lot lately about the incredible things our bodies are capable of.  When we push ourselves we are capable of so much.  Reading about people who have completed marathons in just over two hours and watching shows about what people are willing to endure just to survive makes me think a lot about what my body is capable of.  I think part of the reason I want to run this marathon is to test those limits.  I see a lot of people who just sit around watching TV eating crappy foods never doing anything and I don’t understand that mentality.  Many of them are fortunate enough to be capable of getting out and pushing themselves but they don’t.  As someone who has challenges (asthma, arthritis, severe allergies), I have to push myself that much harder and to see people get into this rut of excuses not to do anything it makes me sad for them.  I hope I always live an active life, constantly finding new adventures.    

Wednesday I went for a 45 minute trail run.  It was cold and raining and I had to run through mud and puddles but I have to say I’ve never felt more alive.  What an amazing run.  I felt very connected with myself and nature at the same time and I pushed myself harder than I ever had.  If only all runs could be this great.

No comments:

Post a Comment